domingo, 1 de diciembre de 2019

WEEK 2: What future for education?

At first I would like to second the idea that everyone can be at least a better learner even if teachers or educators don't think they can improve.
I think my intelligence or my knowledge in school was assessed in a traditional way, the more you know, the more you score. As I wasn't a bad student I don't think that it closed me any door becouse I could do the studies I wanted and work fo something that I love, but I'm sure that if I had to learn subjects that I couldn't understand It should have limited my options to become who I like to be.
I have never felt like anyone judged me by my "intelligence", but in my school I'm tired of listen from other colleagues that if a kid between secondary school and high school is not capable, he should go and study in a job school, and usually a sports job grade (As in sports grade you don't have to study, HA HA), sort kids by their intelligence, habilities, etc. Is a way of recognising what we did wrong as teachers.

I think that I'm not a bad learner (maybe not a good one), I had personal and professional "bumps" in my life and I would say that even in the worst times I had learnt something to use it for living an even better life.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario